This recipe requires a bigger set of ingredients than usual - mostly herbs and
spices - and it takes quite some time to prepare - about 1hr 30 minutes.
However, it is actually quite easy to make, and it is a really hearty and
delicious recipe, if I do say so myself.
The ingredients here are for about 2-3 portions, depending on your appetite:
- 500g beef
- 300-400g potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 medium onion
- 12 tablespoons tomato paste
- 500ml water
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 3-4 bay leaves
- Basil (optional)
- Cilantro (optional)
- 2-3 champignon mushrooms (optional)
- Black pepper
- Heat up the frying pan and add some oil.
- Cut the potatoes into small pieces and fry them on the frying pan over
medium-heat, add some salt.
- Chop the onion.
- Cut the beef into small enough pieces and dust with flour.
- After about 15 minutes of frying the potatoes, add the onions and beef to the
pan and fry for another 10-15 minutes, or until brown.
- While the beef, potatoes and onions are frying, cut the carrot and mushrooms,
and chop the parsley and cilantro.
- Once the beef is brown, add water to the pan, and add the rest of the
ingredients, including salt, black pepper and herbs/spices to taste.
- Mix thoroughly, cover the pan with a lid and stew for about 60-80 minutes
over low-heat. While it is stewing, you can get back to doing some other
things, like watching memes.
- Remove from stove, serve hot and enjoy with some beer or cider (or your
Originally published at https://www.yaroslavps.com/food/beef-goulash/