This recipe is also available in other languages:
Mashed potatoes is a really great recipe that is often relegated to the position
of side dish. This recipe is a spin of the classical mashed potatoes recipe
that's got itself more going on. You can serve this dish for a relatively light
meal, or you can also serve it as a side dish if you want to have a really
The quantities here are for about four adult portions. If you are planning on
eating this as a side dish, it might be more like 6-8 portions.
- 1kg potatoes
- 200ml milk*
- 200ml mayonnaise*
- ~100g cheese
- Garlic powder
- 12-16 strips of bacon
- 3-4 green onions
- Black pepper
*You can play with the proportions depending on how creamy or dry you want the mashed potatoes to be.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into medium sized pieces.
- Put the potatoes in a pot with some water so that it covers the potatoes and
boil them for about 20-30 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft.
- About ten minutes before removing the potatoes from the boiling water, cut
the bacon into little pieces and fry it.
- Warm up the milk and mayonnaise.
- Shred the cheese.
- When the potatoes are done, remove all water from the pot, add the warm milk
and mayonnaise mix, add some butter, and mash with a potato masher or a
- Add some salt, black pepper and garlic powder to taste and continue mashing
- Once the mix is somewhat homogeneous and the potatoes are properly mashed,
add the shredded cheese and fried bacon and mix a little.
- Serve and top with chopped green onions.
Originally published at https://www.yaroslavps.com/food/creamy-mashed-potatoes/